County Clerk FAQ

No answers matched your search
General Questions
Where do I register to vote and/or obtain an absentee ballot?

You register to vote and request an absentee ballot with your municipal (town, village or city) clerk. Please see the Municipality Directory on the home page. You may also go to MyVote to register and apply for an absentee ballot. 

Is the County Clerk’s Office the same as the Clerk of Courts Office?

No. The County Clerk and the Clerk of Circuit Court are two entirely different offices/departments. Call (608) 935-0395 for the Clerk of Circuit Court for information on paying fines/tickets, court proceedings, restraining orders, small claims, divorce papers, jury duty questions, and passports.

Can I purchase hunting and fishing licenses at your office?

No. Please contact the DNR Hotline at 1 (888) 936-7463 or search Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) | Wisconsin DNR for this information.

Does the county have a recycling and dump site?

No.  Please contact your local municipality.  Visit the Municipality Directory on our website to find contact information.

Can the County Clerk's Office notarize documents?

Yes, if you have a photo ID.

General Information
Phone Numbers
(608) 935-0399
Fax: (608) 935-3024
Emergencies: Dial 911
222 N. Iowa St.

8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday